Saturday, May 25, 2013

Made It!

I am now in Hong Kong and wide awake : )  It's 10 30 PM here.  Just took a Benadryl.  Hoping and praying sleep will come!

The prayers of many have been lifted up for safe and smooth travels for me.  Thank you all!  The Lord went before me and made my first solo airplane trip - ever- as seamless as possible. 

David drove me to Charlotte early this morning.  My flight from there to Chicago was right on time.  Had a little trouble finding the International Terminal in Chicago, but being a woman, I am not afraid to ask for directions!  Had a great Mexican lunch, did lots of people watching, started reading A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family, and before I knew it, it was time to board.  I was praying that I might meet an adoptive family on my flight.  I did not, but that was ok.  There was a delay taking off in Chicago, dozed a little, read my Bible, spent some time talking to my only companion, my Father in heaven, and just enjoyed being still without a to-do list running through my mind! 

I enjoyed Cathay Pacific very much, and I highly recommend them to anyone who comes after me!  Great food - Hagen Daaz ice cream for dessert and very attentive and helpful staff.  I watched 2 good movies - Jack Reacher was my favorite with Tom Cruise.  I dozed but could not fall asleep.  I kept looking at my watch.  I began to think it had stopped so I studied the second hand - darn, it was still running - time really was passing just. that. slow!!!  Then it was time to eat again.  Decided to try a glass of wine - free for all passengers not just first class.  Had a refill.  Then had a good 2 hour nap! 

28 hours after I left home - I'm here!  So close to Dawson I can hardly stand it!  Wake up call coming at 6AM.  Then I'll head back to the airport - a short walk away inside corridors - make a stop at Starbucks which is directly in my path from the airport to the hotel - God is good - and make my way to my flight for Guangzhou which is scheduled to leave at 8 AM. 

I was dreading this trip alone, but I was not alone.   I felt His presence with me the whole way.  Thank you all for praying!  And please don't stop yet : )

5 comments:

  1. So glad to read that you made it to Hong Kong with no problems. Continuing to pray as you make your way to Dawson. Hope you are sleeping well right now.
    Loved having LG and E with us yesterday! Thank you for sharing your family with us!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are closer to Dawson! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it Mom!!!!!! :) Love you!!!
    -Katie-

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you both and are continuing to pray!

    Shea and JM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan,

    Love hearing you are there and doing well. Thinking and praying for you often. Can't wait to see pictures from gotcha day so soon!

    ReplyDelete