Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lingnan Impression Park

Blogger is not cooperating again tonight.  Here is just a glimpse of yesterday.  Will add more pictures tomorrow.

This was on Friday as we were heading out to Banyan Temple.  Kristen, who travelled 2 weeks before me, left a bag of supplies at the Garden Hotel for me.  I have used the bug spray as Dawson has gotten several mosquito bites and these links are perfect for Dawson.  He carries them almost everywhere we go.  The Fiber One bars have also been put to good use by me and another family. Thank you so much, Kristen! 

Dawson - ready to go out and about!  He loves to go!

Unfortunatly, we arrived at Lingnan Park at 3PM.  We caught the last 15 minutes of this show and according to Elvin, that was the end of the shows. The draw for me to this particular park was to see the shows depicting Chinese history and culture.  Disappointing for sure, but we did have a good time walking around despite the intense heat and humidity!


Thankfully, a new family from my neighboring state arrived in Guangzhou Friday night and joined us on this excursion. They  willingly shared their stroller for which I was so very grateful.  Their son is 5 years old and enjoyed walking which opened up a spot in the stroller - thank goodness because Dawson was soaked with sweat from being in the carrier.  We all enjoyed some chocolate ice cream at the end which helped us cool off a bit.  Several of my other adopted children took a while to get used to the coldness of ice cream - not Dawson!  He really enjoyed it!

Part 2 tomorrow if Blogger allows

Heading to the US Consulate at 7 50 AM to finalize the US side of the adoption!

I am homesick and very ready to go home, but I am absolutely dreading doing it alone with Dawson.  Please pray for some super-power strength for me!  I'm going to need it!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE Dawson in his sunglasses and seeing his smile...oh, how I will enjoy him sitting behind me every Sunday...he might just end up in my lap! Yes, will pray for your travels..that was a concern I had...will pray you have some new found 'helpers' on your return trip!
    love, Rebecca AKA Grandmama Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could use some of the things I left. I can't believe it is already almost time for you to come home. Looks like Dawson is doing great! Will be praying for your return trip home. Too bad you couldn't find someone to share a van with to Hong Kong. We have done the train once and van twice. We definitely prefer the van.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a safe journey home. He is a cutie! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete