Friday, June 14, 2013

A morning surprise worth celebrating!

It started by accident - the only spoon clean in the drawer.

Then I thought "Maybe this will work to allow Dawson to feed himself."

Not that I mind feeding my sweet baby boy.

I love feeding him in fact, and it's great for attachment!

I just had to see if this would allow Dawson some independence.

Ya' know, all 2 year olds want to do it "By myself!"

Dawson did it by himself!
Hudson and I cheered -ALOT!
Dawson was just smiling - so proud of himself!
I took lots and lots of pictures and sent pictures via text messages to David so he could cheer for Dawson too!
 (the rest of the littles were watching morning TV, and of course, the teens and tweens were still sleeping.  They missed it!)

4 comments:

  1. How precious and special to capture this with Dawson! Loved seeing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled for Dawson! What a wonderful family Dawson has:) Congrats!
    We will be traveling to China in November to adopt again:)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Dawson! He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So proud of Dawson but he is amazing! We miss you guys....just showed all the boys these pictures and ones from China. Peter had a big smile on his face. Turner and Parker keep asking when we get to see you guys. Let us know and we are there!

    ReplyDelete