Thursday, April 11, 2013

A New Perspective

Thank you so much for the encouraging comments, emails, and texts which I have received after writing the last post.  I am still travelling alone, but I have gained a new perspective this week.

Sometimes God's reminders come from surprising sources.  Leiney Grace's Sunday school take-home sheet should have been given to me!  As I have helped Leiney Grace study the verses and complete the sheet, God has spoken directly to me and specifically about travelling alone to adopt Dawson.

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrifed; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

I know this verse well.  Have it underlined in my Bible.  Yet, it did not come to my mind regarding my upcoming trip until Leiney Grace had to look it up this week. I have claimed this verse for my trip.  Quite different from the verse David and I chose when we travelled to China with our other children on adoption trips #1, 2, and 3.

"Do everything without arguing or complaining."  Phillipians 2:14 

That verse was perfect for those trips with several children in tow, and I am confident that Joshua 1:9 is just the verse I need for my solo trip halfway around the world.  YIKES! (recting Joshua 1:9 as I type)

The lesson focus for Leiney Grace's class this past Sunday:

"To know that God is in control when we face trouble in our lives; to believe that God is always good, wise, and trustworthy; to learn to bring all our needs to God and to trust him to answer in the way he chooses."

Yes, I knew all that prior to this week.  But I needed a reminder.  Thank you God for great children's Sunday school literature!

And the story we read this morning during our Bible time in homeschool - also from Leiney Grace's Sunday school sheet - Corrie ten Boom and how she survived a Nazi concentration camp!  Since high school, The Hiding Place has been one of my favorite novels.  Being reminded of Corrie's courage and determination has also helped to give me a new perspective this week. 

I still have my moments of being terrified of getting on the plane in a few weeks, but a part of me is also looking forward to it.  I know during those 12 days or so in China, I will have to depend on my Heavenly Father.  Not my husband.  Not my older children.  Not a close friend.  Only My God. A dependence that I honestly don't have on ordinary days. And I know the closeness and the peace that comes from being truly dependent on Him in every moment.

And I know that no matter how difficult the journey to Dawson may be, it will all be worth it.  Just as it was for her. . .
Lilly 2007~ Chenzhou SWI

 
                                             And her. . .

Ellie 2008 ~ Kunming SWI



And him. . .
Hudson 2010 ~ Baotao SWI




And her. . .

Leiney Grace 2011 ~ Leiyang SWI



No doubt, it will all be worth it for this sweet boy!
 

 




3 comments:

  1. SO worth it!!! Blessings as you prepare to go! God is going before, with, and after you. May He hem you in good and tight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately worth it!! :) You are a strong Mama and will get through this trip! He won't leave your side and it appears you have many sweet people in your corner who will be praying you through this journey!!! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete