Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Little of This and A Little of That



This is our Dawson in an undated photo which I found on the Zhanjiang Kids website.  I was so happy when I came across it.  Our I800 was approved on April 1 so now we wait to be "cabled".  I am still hoping and praying for a May 18 departure.  Since I only have to fly to Guangzhou, I can leave on a Saturday  - one less day that I have to be away from David and my other 8 blessings!
We had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday!  Not sure why Fulton has such a pained expression.  He had that expression in every photo.  The pup on the left was "an accident" - is that possible?  I went to the SPCA to allow Fulton and Katie to volunteer for their mandatory school requirement.  I was not looking for another dog - the thought had NOT occurred to me AT. ALL.  Katie got this adorable 6 month old pup out and was holding her.  She wanted to go help with some tiny pups and asked me to hold "Jody".  I obliged.  That was it!  There was a bond - I kid you not.  If you are not a dog lover, you will not understand.  She was born in animal control and lived her first 5 months in the shelter.  Now she is loved so very much and spoiled!  Josie was the unexpected addition to our family.  I have declared that David will have to accompany the kids to the SPCA to get more volunteer hours.  It's too risky for me: )


My babies are getting so big! 


David's mom joined us for lunch after church. 
( Do you see Fulton's pained expression?  Every picture!)



Leiney Grace's 1st time dying eggs. 


An old tradition - Mr. Bunny cake
We have taken a few years off but decided this was a good year for Mr. Bunny to return.  Yummy!

Umbrellas - a big hit this spring at our house

Love it that they use their imaginations to play.
 


 
 To make room for Dawson, we have had to do some moving around upstairs.  Ethan has moved in with Fulton.  This was his choice as originally Hudson was moving in with Fulton.  Once we started the bedroom makeover, Ethan decided he wanted to switch rooms.  Fulton and Ethan now have twin beds and a Gamecock themed room.  So far, so good, and we are so thankful!  It makes more sense for the 2 oldest to share a room allowing the 2 youngest to also share.


With Ethan gone, Hudson was delighted to move to the top bunk and the added bonus didn't hurt. . .Cars sheets!  Hudson is a huge Cars fan.  He and I worked in his and Dawson's room together today.  He is so excited about his new little brother.

4 comments:

  1. What a great post full of great pictures, beautiful family! We also got our approval on the 1st, so we really may meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post with all the photos. Especially the ones from Easter! Beautiful! Even with "the expression!"

    Can't wait to follow you on your journey!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete