Saturday, December 29, 2012

Not on My Watch

Russia has closed the door to adoptions by Americans.
What a travesty this is for the thousands upon thousands of orphans who languish in orphanages there.  How heartbreaking for 46 families who have met their children in Russia and were waiting on their adoptions being finalized.
 
 
 
Guatemala closed. Now Russia. Which country will be next? What will we do as Americans?  As the Church? Will we sit idly by in our comfortable homes with our many me-centered toys and gadgets?  And our me-centered activities?    

 
Will China one day close its doors to Americans?  As more and more disruptions occur, this is certainly a possibility.

 
Only God knows.

 
Yet, it is us who must act on behalf of the orphan.

 
We must protect, defend, speak for, and care for the orphan as the Lord has commanded in His word.
 
Today, along with many other Americans, I am saying "Not on my watch!"  I am fasting and praying. To learn more please read Linny's eloquent words:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment