Friday, December 21, 2012

I Wish. . .

Today is Dawson's 2nd birthday. 
My heart aches for so many reasons.
 
I wish he were here with his family.
I wish he were not in an orphanage in China.
I wish his birthday was being acknowledged there.
It is not.
 
I wish our homestudy had not been "lost" in the mail.
I wish SC DSS realized it does not take 10+ days for a letter to get from SC to USCIS in MO.
I wish we were DTC today.
We are not.
 
I wish this stage of the process did not take so.very.long.
It has been 2 months since our HS draft was sent to BAAS.
2 months for an agency approval, a DSS approval, and a USCIS approval.
I wish I had a I 797C in my hand.
I do not.
 
I wish I were holding this little guy and kissing those sweet cheeks.
I wish I could touch his little arm and stump and grieve for the absence of his limbs.
I wish we were celebrating Dawson's 2nd birthday with him today rather than without him.
We are not.
 
I wish that there were no orphans in the world.
I wish I could adopt a dozen more precious children who long to be loved and celebrated.
I wish my heart didn't ache for Dawson and the millions more like him.
But it does.
 
 
Happy Birthday Dawson/ "Jun" - your life will be celebrated today and every year after by your family who loves you!

This is the birthday package we sent - minus the cake.  Not sure when the package will arrive at the orphanage.  Hoping we get some pictures when it does!

2 comments:

  1. My heart aches right along with yours. I know this is a process, but it kindof stinks. Your Dawson is adorable and I will pray for him, your family, and the paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I know how bad your heart hurts right now . We were just starting our journey last Christmas. We're praying for him right along with you and for your peace while you wait. I can guarantee you he's worth the wait. Thanks for sharing a new picture Malia gets so excited when she sees him! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete