Monday, January 21, 2013

Brotherly Love and Prayers

This past summer Hudson began saying he wanted a baby brother from China.

He has never wavered - he wants a brother not a sister

He has figured out sleeping arrangements and is adamant that his baby brother should sleep in a crib just like he used to do.

At church Sunday, when prayer requests were being taken, this precious son of mine said - "Dawson".
The worship leader did not hear him clearly.
Hudson repeated himself - "Dawson"
Still struggling to understand Hudson, the worship leader replied in all sincerity, "The dolphins.  You want us to pray for the dolphins. Ok"
Hudson, with the help of his sisters who were also on the front row, repeated "Dawson!"
We prayed for Dawson.
My heart swelled while my eyes filled with tears.
My heart overflowing with love for this child
and with gratitude to the Father for entrusting him to me.
I am blessed beyond measure!

4 comments:

  1. Just started following your blog here Jan :) Beautiful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! What a precious and tender heart Hudson has.

    I've scrolled back and have enjoyed catching up with you and your beautiful family. And Leiney Grace! Oh my word. Just LOOK at her!

    I'm wanting to buy 10 bars of OM&H soap. When are you going to be in my area? Anytime soon?

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, i am friends with Connie Johnson - I saw that you were the winner of your bid of the painted canvas. Well, I am the painter. haha! I know Connie is supposed to contact you first but I wanted to help Connie out a bit - since she and many in her family are so sick. :( I was wondering what colors scheme you would like and what name you would like. :) you can email me at: soccermom@tx.rr.com thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete