Monday, January 7, 2013

A little one needs our help NOW!

When I knew the Lord was leading us back to China again, I truly believed He had planned for our next child to be a girl.  I also believed our daughter would  be "one of the least of these".  I did not want to compete for a minor special needs little girl.  I prayed that God would lead us to a child whom no one else wanted to adopt.  Those feelings led me to look at the shared list.  I was astounded by the number of boys on the list.  My heart grieved as I would see 1 "female" followed by 20 "male"s.  This little guy was one of those forgotten "male"s on the shared list.  We prayed about whether he was "our son", but David and I never felt peace thus did not feel that God was leading us to pursue his adoption.
However, I could not get this child's face or his story out of my mind.  It has been 2 months since I first emailed Love Without Boundaries in an effort to get medical help for this little boy.  Today I received a wonderful blessing - the orphanage has finally agreed to allow LWB to provide medical treatment for "Bryant" who is diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot, the same heart defect that Leiney Grace was born with.  Yes, this precious little one has been named for us by LWB.  "Bryant" has had an ECHO but the doctors in Shanghai want him to have a heart catheterization first to ensure that he is "operable".   Here is the link to "Bryant" 's LWB' s page. http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com/programs/medical/sponsor-a-child/m.children/223/view/824
Please consider donating to help give this little boy a chance at a normal and healthy life.  To see the difference TOF surgery can make in the life of a child, just look at our daughter, Leiney Grace.  11 months ago when I met her in China, Leiney Grace was malnourished with clubbed, blue-tinged fingers and toes from long-term lack of oxygen.  Her color was gray most of the time, and she could barely walk from the hotel bed to the bathroom without being significantly out of breath.  After heart surgery, Leiney Grace ,with beautiful pink lips, fingers, and toes, could run, jump, play, ride a bike, jump rope, etc.  This surgery is life and death for a child with TOF.  Please consider donating to help "Bryant" have a chance to receive this surgery also!

Leiney Grace on Christmas morning - pink lips and all!
Look at her coloring and then go back to the top picture and look at "Bryant"s.  This child needs heart surgery to have life!

No comments:

Post a Comment