Friday, March 1, 2013

Time for a Dawson Update

This is our most recent picture of Dawson.  This update was sent to his "Open Arms" sponsor at the end of the year.  Thankfully, his family to-be received a copy too!
 
 
I feel as though I have neglected sweet little Dawson!  He is always on my mind and forever in my heart - it's just that lately the 8 babes who are currently under my roof have kept me quite busy!
 
Dawson is waiting in the Guangdong province at Zhanjiang Social Welfare Institute.
Thankfully, he is receiving really good care thanks to a program called "Zhanjiang Kids Organization" or ZKO.  This organization was started by a group of American adoptive moms of children from this SWI - children who came home severly delayed.  Back in 2004-2005, these dedicated moms began to seek permission to start a nurturing program for the children from this orphanage.  Finally in 2007, they received permission and "Open Arms" - a nurturing program for children from birth to 2 years of age was started.  Most recently an orphanage preschool was started by ZKO to serve children at Zhanjiang who could not attend a local school due to their special needs.
I am so thankful to the group of moms who started ZKO and to those who continue to do the
 work of this wonderful organization!  And I am grateful to the sponsor of "Andrew", our Dawson, who provides monthly support which allows Dawson and the other young children to receive more
one-on-one attention in a crowded orphanage!  If you think you would like to sponsor an orphan in this way, please leave a comment or email me for further information: dfbjhb@windstream.net
 
We are on Day 43 of our LOA wait.  Hoping to recieve it sometime this month! 
Our fundraising continues - more on that soon!
 

4 comments:

  1. Jan, I am so excited for you guys. We are waiting LOA also for our second daughter from China. I would love to reconnect with you sometime. Are you on Facebook? My blog is www.amykratzer.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so very cute!! What a gift to receive this picture!!! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jan, he's precious! Seriously, oh my goodness! What a cutie pie=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely update Jan. Love sweet Dawson and can't wait to see him home with all of you! That LOA wait is a killer *sigh*

    ReplyDelete